Welcome to the Maldives the sunny side of life!
An island nation set amidst in the middle of the Indian Ocean, Maldives is renowned for its beautiful white sandy beach, turquoise clear water, abundant marine life and world-class resorts. An entirely unique holiday destination with “One Island – One Resort” concept, Maldives is a picture perfect backdrop for your dream holiday.
We at Skorpion Travel Maldives will assist you in creating a truly memorable holiday experience in this tropical paradise. We have numerous collection of partner resorts that will suit every traveler’s need, from budget 3-star resorts to 5-star luxury resorts, diving or surfing safari, we will provide you with the best options and competitive rates and packages.
For inquiries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Facts About Maldives
- Local Time: +5hrs GMT
- Capital: Male'
- Population: 345,023
- Languages: Dhivehi (Official), English
- Currency: Rufiyaa (MVR)
- Exchange Rates: USD1 = MRF15.42, GBP1 = MRF24.65, EUR1 = 21.85
- Location: Indian Ocean, Southwest of Sri Lanka
- Geographic Co-ordinates: 3 15 N, 73 00 E
- Area: 90,000km²
- Climate: Tropical, Warm temperatures, lots of sunshine
- Best time to visit: December to April (Dry Season/North-east Monsoon)
- Clothing: Modest, Light cotton
- Religion: Islam
- No. of Islands: 1190
- Inhabited: 201
- Resorts: 106
- Liveaboards (Safaris): 83
- Picnic Islands: 15
- Hotels: 12
- Guest Houses: 65
- Electricity: 240 Volts, 50Hz
- International Telephone Code: +960
- Working Hours:
- Government: 0800hrs to 1600hrs (Sunday to Thursday)
- Private Sector: 0800hrs to 1700hrs (Sunday to Thursday, till 1400hrs on Saturday)
- Banks: 0800hrs to 1330hrs (Sunday to Thursday)